Friday, October 7, 2011

14 Weeks

Dear Baby,
I didn't think I was going to write a letter this week because, let's be honest, this is probably the most boring, symptom-free time of the pregnancy. Just as I was getting complacent, my body reminded me that I still get the really weird and vivid dreams that come along during pregnancy.
Last night I had a dream (this is also the opening line in a song in Rent, although I'm under strict orders from your father to 'please not indoctrinate them in the womb'). You and I were getting an ultrasound done and then, as clear as day, you were a boy! At first you were adorable and had the cutest almond shaped eyes but then, they began to move closer and closer together until you resembled a pig. I was horrified and so upset. I think that dream falls under the "i'm-not-a-bad-parent-but-i'm-possibly-a-bad-person" category. I wonder why parents worry about the attractiveness of their children?
Anyways, so I briefly woke up, stopped the freakout session, and then fell back asleep to have yet another dream. This time, you were still a baby boy and you slept throughout the entire dream. The problem this time was that your dad kept criticizing how I was swaddling you! Something he would never do in real life, mostly because he wouldn't know how to swaddle you himself :)
Bottom line: How can you be anything other than a boy at this point? The dreams have spoken!
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment