Thursday, October 27, 2011

17 Weeks

Dear Baby,
I think all that ravenous hunger has made you grow because I finally have a noticeable bump. Either that or it's all doughnuts, pizzas, and cheeseburgers I've had in the past few days. You think I'm exaggerating but traveling=bad food choices.

I also could swear I've felt you move! About a week ago I noticed that when I would lay down at night, I'd feel these shakes in my torso and I thought it was my heart beating arrhythmically. Then on Monday night, I swear I felt some thumps! They were very very very light but I have never once felt my body (esp. below my belly button) do that before. Sadly, I've been on a horrendous conference travel schedule since then and haven't been able to stay awake at night long enough to settle down. Maybe this weekend it will start up again.

I have to admit that it was a very weird feeling. I guess I should finally come to terms that I have another living thing inside me :)
Love,
Mama

2 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOVE this post! That you felt the baby kick!!! :) It made me smile that you felt that! It's wonderful! Weird, and sometimes mistaken for gas (just me? Ok.), but wonderful because it let's you know they are really, truly there. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...and Lori, it's not just you. It's such an amazing feeling, Em! Oh my gosh. I'm about to cry. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete