Friday, October 7, 2011

14 Week Stats

Baby Size: Stress ball! (How can something this large be inside me? The size comparisons are really starting to freak me out)


Mama Size: Up two pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. And yes, most of that is the food baby that is growing alongside my actual baby, but come on! Pho season is upon us!

Pho aka asian crack












Symptoms:
Crazy dreams. Tailbone pain has vanished whoohoo! Also, I am back to my energized and super happy self and it feels like night and day compared to where I was a few months ago.

Other updates: Peter is obsessed with the word meconium and keeps asking when the baby will start making it. Well according to the baby websites, it's beginning this week! Also, I just found out another friend of mine is expecting a month behind me which is really exciting! It's much more fun to go through this with friends.

Question for the readers: What was your greatest fear during pregnancy? Mine is that our child will have a mental disorder of some kind. It is highly unlikely, and even less likely since Peter and I come from pretty different genetic backgrounds (aka mutts are generally more healthy!) but you just never know. Some disorders aren't tied to genes anyways and some come through accidents in the environment (oxygen deprivation, car accidents). I just pray that we have a healthy child.

3 comments:

  1. I love pho! A friend in Oklahoma introduced me and I realized I loved the intestines before I knew what I was eating. But intestines in pho, it's delicious!

    My biggest fear, that I will be a horrible parent. And that I will have enough insight to KNOW that I am a horrible parent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My worst nightmare is something worse. Can't even write it down! I'll tell you sometime though. You'll probably laugh, and then be like, yeah, that would be the worst thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was always freaked out that Holden was going to have a cleft palette. It wasn't until the second pregnancy that I realized they check for that at your big ultrasound. Not that it's not fixable, but you know, I didn't start the prenatals until after I found out I was pregnant and I read something somewhere about that and it had me all sorts of scared.

    ReplyDelete