Thursday, August 25, 2011

8 Week Stats

Baby size:


Quarter!

Mama size: Haven't gained any weight but definite little pooch that never goes away. Am beginning to wear looser clothes at work just in case

Cravings: Bland food and any combo of carbs and dairy. Meat is ok occasionally but I never voluntarily want it. Got the go-ahead to eat sugar as long as I pack in the protein. I'm at a greater-than-usual risk for gestational diabetes so I need to really watch refined anything

Symptoms: Still tired and nauseous throughout the day. I have learned that getting in a run after work is impossible due to my general malaise so I'm now running in the mornings. Also, it is possible that my face looks clearer but the "glow" might just be my imagination.

Other updates: Heartbeat at 140 bpm! Booked a doula for April. Starting to research car seats but wow, is it overwhelming! Wanting to buy some bumgenius diapers but longingly looking at the little g diapers. Did not think a baby's butt could get any cuter! Made a pact with myself to only buy the following pre-baby: car seat, diapers, pump (maybe). I think anything else will come as needed. I already have a crib from when my nephew was born, a glider handed down from my sister in law, and don't really want to buy a stroller/playpen/swing/high priced items if they're not necessary. I think I'll splurge on a cute outfit once we find out the gender and I have to admit that there are some adorable animal hats on etsy right now. But a tiny baby just won't care whether s/he is in the latest from Carter's or not :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for booking a doula! Where will you deliver?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you're not imagining the glow. I started glowing at around 2-months (I didn't notice it, everyone else did). Of course, a month later, the true morning sickness set it, and I was told I looked as if I was in a constant state of green-ness. :-) Yay for you buying your own carseat! Ask Lori which one she has...supposedly, it is one of the best, and it certainly looks it. She did a lot of research as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I do cloth too!!! If you want tips, PLEASE let me know!!! I don't want to just give my two cents, but I have an opinion on BOTH of those you mentioned. :) And I also have sites you can get cloth at that's cheaper than others and tips and tricks and OMG!!! SOOOO much info!

    I use the Graco Smart Seat. It goes from 5-100 lbs...fits nicely in a small car, so it'll fit AWESOMELY in a larger one (depending on what you have). And...just look it up. It's truly wonderful with the one-time install on the base and recline and everything. It's a little pricy, but wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete