Friday, August 19, 2011

7 Weeks

Dear Baby,
You have 17 cousins, 9 girls and 8 boys. Your latest cousin was born this week, early Wednesday morning. I just realized that you two will only be 8 months apart, which seems like a huge gap right now but will shrink as you grow older. I didn't have any cousins near me while I was growing up and love the fact that you will have hordes to play with.

As I held my sweet day-old nephew, I thought about how one day, I'll get to hold you as well. He was so tiny, even at almost 8 pounds. However, the first time I saw you, you were 5 millimeters long so I guess tiny is relative. Apparently by the time I see you next week, you'll be 10 mm! You'll have doubled in size which is just simply amazing.

You gave us a scare last week because I started to bleed and cramp and my poor doctor has to deal with a combination of both a first time and a reproductively challenged mother. She was kind enough to schedule an early ultrasound and so I got to see the first flutters of your heartbeat. Truthfully I couldn't tell what, if anything, was moving, but the technician pointed it out and measured you at 111 beats per minute. Pretty good for a 6 week old.

We are halfway through the first trimester now! Slow but steady
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment