Thursday, August 11, 2011

6 Weeks

Dear Baby,
It feels like we've achieved a huge milestone--6 weeks and as far as I can tell, you're in there safe and sound. I sincerely hope that my perception of time during this pregnancy will follow a bell curve--slowly at first, then sped up, and I'm sure it will go slowly again towards the end. We are just so excited to meet you.
I had no clue about Korean pregnancy customs, but have had fun researching them. Apparently, to ensure your beauty I must only eat unblemished, whole, beautiful things. So crab=out while perfect fruit=in. Also, after giving birth, I am to drink tons of seaweed soup. The jury is still out over whether I'll actually do that one.
Traditionally, Korean moms-to-be do not exercise at all during pregnancy and do not shower for a month after giving birth (ugh). In fact, for the first 100 days of the child's life, neither mother nor child leave the house. I am pretty sure that I will be able to do that last one. Already I can feel myself rooting with this home and my family.
I pray all the time to God to keep you safe inside me. In two weeks, we will get to hear your tiny heartbeat and maybe then I'll be able to start to make plans for bringing you home.
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment