Wednesday, February 8, 2012

To interrupt the regular scheduled program.....

Well you all have thoroughly shamed me for being so flippant about my hospital! When my birthing instructor who is a head nurse at IMC acted like pro-natural policies were so normal I really did assume that most other places were like that or getting like that. And I'm sad to hear that isn't the case.

She did say that when we checked in to make sure to specify that we want a pro-natural nurse so maybe there are still some staff there who like to do things old-school.

Anyways, here's hoping that the tide is changing. Also, to go hand-in-hand with my parental leave complaints last week, here is something that really is surprising: Parenting Leave  Our parental policies here don't make me angry, exactly, but it is shocking when even third world countries have better leave practices than we do.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa on the parental leave! Hopefully we will work our way toward that. The cultural pressure of capitalism is strong though.

    ReplyDelete