Thursday, February 9, 2012

32 Weeks

Dear Baby,
This has been one of the mildest Utah winters I've ever experienced and I have to admit that I'm loving it. My big fears of slipping on some ice and falling or getting in a car accident due to bad weather have not materialized.
At my doctor's appointment last week, the doctor told me you were still lying transverse, like you were in a hammock. I went home and googled what that meant in terms of labor and delivery and found that you must turn before labor starts or else you would have to be born by c-section. I am not concerned because you do have 8 weeks to flip head down but I still thought it would be a good idea to encourage you to start turning. I think your dad sometimes can't believe the words that come out of my mouth and he gets this look on his face like he thinks I'm trolling him. I told him to get you to turn we needed him to talk or sing down by my pelvis so that you hear him and shift appropriately. He complied but made sure I knew how weird he thought it all was.
And I think it's working because after a night in which you wriggled more than usual, I woke up the next morning feeling distinct movements at the top and bottom of my belly instead of the left and right sides. I can't tell if you're now breech or head-down but I think you must be head down because I occasionally feel this uncomfortable pressure on my cervix.
Which means we're that much closer to an actual delivery! Only 8 more weeks if I'm lucky.
Love,
Mama

2 comments:

  1. You always make me giggle and this definitely did it! I'd love to know if Peter was calling you a weirdo to the baby...at your pelvis. LOL!

    ReplyDelete