Thursday, February 16, 2012

33 Week Stats

Baby size: large

Mama size: Up 26 pounds and 38.5 inch waist. Fondly remembering when my chest felt small. Never thought I'd say that

Symptoms: Weird foot pain in my left foot but I went on a walk today and I just ignored it. Having a hard time rolling over in bed; my weekly babycenter newsletter suggested wearing silk pjs and having silk sheets. Hahaha it made me laugh at how ludicrous that sounded.

Other updates: I ordered a bunch of things from amazon, including some cute grovia diaper covers, the tiniest rectal thermometer I've ever seen, a nose frida, and a changing pad. I took one look at the pad and thought, that might solve my newborn sleeping question! It's firm and waterproof and padded and has a strap. :) I just have to get some baby medicine and stool softeners (thx for the tips!) and a few more little things and I think we'll be good to go.

Question of the week: When did you pack your hospital bag? Is it too late if I do it at the beginning stages of labor?

5 comments:

  1. With Alli, I had a list of stuff I wanted to bring (because most is stuff I used daily and didn't have the money to buy a spare)...and then packed it an hour before leaving for the hospital (which was half-way through my labor). With Cori...I packed half the night before and the rest that I wasn't using the morning of since I was induced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About a week prior...and I stuffed things here and there until the day of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were you, I would pack some things you don't need a week or two earlier. I still remember packing the baby's first outfit and it was such a powerful moment...it was so real. And within a week or so, I actually put a baby in it. Crazy.

    But you will definitely be adding things during labor as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laughing so hard. The silk sheets and pjs sounds like the best idea I've heard in a long time! I'm glad to know other people can't move out of bed either. It's so random, and funny, and annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so the hospital actually gave me stool softener, but my first one didn't, so definitly get it just in case. Ummm, I would pack as much as you can in advance. Some people move fast with labor, even if it's their first. Of course, if your first labor was like my first labor, you could wait until the you've been in labor for a day and a half and still have more than enough time to pack. Although, I have to say, I wasn't in the mood to be doing so at the time.

    ReplyDelete