Thursday, February 16, 2012

33 Weeks

Dear Baby,
Mother Nature has definitely made it so that I would rather go through labor and delivery than remain pregnant. This does not bode well for your future sibling. I almost wrote siblings but right now it would be safer for everyone if we pretended there was only going to be one more. I know that in another year or two I will have forgotten all the wonderful tricks my body is pulling but maybe this post will serve as my shoulder cricket.
When you are 100 days old, we are throwing you a traditional Korean celebration called baek-il. We are Americans so of course the resulting party will look nothing like the ones my ancestors threw, but it's the spirit that counts. Your dad and I are planning on making a video for you, expressing our love, our blessings, and our hopes for you. This is the first week I've hoped for you to be tall with a long torso and birthing hips. Pretty much everything you are not genetically inclined to be. :)
I have a feeling these letters are going to get weirder and whinier.
Love,
Mama

3 comments:

  1. The celebration sounds AMAZING!

    BTW, I love how you let us all celebrate everything with you. This is the best thing EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you mention that because I just came back from a 100 days celebration for one of my best friend's new babies. He slept through the whole thing :) But man was it a great party -- I'm talking gourmet Asian fusion taco truck, sushi, etc. Soo's parents are from Korea so they do some really traditional things as well, and it is very lavish (cause they are also rich ;). Good times!

    ReplyDelete