Thursday, December 29, 2011

26 Week Stats

Baby Size: Roughly 14 inches long now and gaining weight steadily. Peter is hoping for a chunky baby so grow fat, grow!

Mama Size: Up 16 pounds. My belly is measuring 36 inches around its largest part

Symptoms: Menstrual-like cramps every day--dr told me it was just my uterus stretching. Still freaked us out a little one night when I had an hour of uninterrupted cramping. Oh and I am now sporting a very faint linea nigra. Of all the changes to my body, I think the changing skin is what surprises me the most.
Also experiencing so much heartburn that I am constantly popping Tums. At least this means our baby will come out with a head full of hair, right? :)

Other updates: We picked out the paint for the baby room and will start that some time in January. We also went to a kid's consignment store for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised at the stuff we could get inexpensively. We bought one of those infant car seat adapters and a car pad to protect Peter's leather seats from the car seat. I had wanted to buy a Moses basket but the closest they had were some swings. I decided to do some research before buying one, especially a used one.

Question of the week: Did you use a swing? Happiest Baby on the Block recommends one but I am really on the fence.

4 comments:

  1. Someone gave us a swing and we did use it quite a bit for the first 4 months or so. There were times we would use it to help Katie fall asleep, plus it was entertainment for her at times when she was a little older. I think most of the moms I know have had and used their swings, so it's probably a worthwhile purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a swing...it worked for me for both kids, but it's either way with kids. BTW, the Tums thing just made me have a flashback to BOTH pregnancies...waking up to a bottle of Tums multiple nights...tucked beside me in bed. It'd take a second to remember that I'd grab them in the middle of the night and be too tired to put them back so I'd just sleep with them. Thank goodness it's something relatively harmless like Tums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure we could have survived the first 6 months without our swing. Addison would NOT sleep anywhere except our arms or the swing -- my aunt loaned us a bassinet but she wouldn't go near it. The downside, of course, was that breaking her of the swing habit to sleep was hard but for us, it was still worth it because those first months were tough. I know a lot of parents who loved their swings to give them a break during the day and get things done, but Addison was only interested in it for sleeping (she had to be asleep when we put her in). Anyway, for us it was an awesome purchase, but we waited until she was about four weeks old and we could tell that nothing else was cutting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaviscon. I can't smell the stuff to this day without wanting to gag.

    We used a swing with all three kids, but Anna enjoyed it the most. She would eat, sleep, and be thorougly entertained in that swing for when I needed to do something baby-free. Mostly, she slept in it. I got her first giggles from that swing as well. It also prevented me from killing myself when I slipped and fell. We won't talk about it.

    ReplyDelete