Thursday, December 15, 2011

24 Week Stats

Baby Size: Still a football but apparently weighs around a pound.

Mama Size: Which means that I can only attribute 1 of the 14 pounds I've gained to baby. Lovely :)

Symptoms: Round ligament pain but maybe they were mild contractions? My ob told me that I should begin feeling some soon, if not already. How do contractions differ from RLP? When I was having some pain, it felt like a mixture between a muscle cramp in my lower ab area and menstrual cramps. I have noticed other changes that I really shouldn't care about because hooray, baby is healthy, but honestly why does fat have to grow everywhere and in the most unexpected places....

Other updates: Apparently baby is viable now? My websites are telling me 26 weeks but the dr said 24. Hmm...if not this week then soon! Also I passed my glucose test whoohoo. But I have to take it again at 32 weeks :( I thought I was home free but I guess this means I'd better put away the christmas candy and break out the cottage cheese and beans.

Question of the week: Well, my work is officially throwing me a shower in February. Yay for sweet coworkers. I will take all of your great advice and just feel spoiled and lucky. So now the question is whether or where I should register? Also, are there any registries that allow you to register for books? We would love to add to our collection and that is the one guilt-free present that I think is always appropriate for a child. Plus I work for the education office.....and I need to prove that I am not some math heathen that they all think I am. Seriously, it's a sad day when I'm known as the stats guru.

2 comments:

  1. 1.) cottage cheese and beans...separate or together? Please tell me the first!

    2.) I LOVE BOOKS!

    3.) $20 to take my Stats class for me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I registered at Target and Babies R Us, and both have books you can register for. Not as much selection as a truly literary mother might hope for, but some good stuff still. I think I was given a couple books off my registry, plus some other good ones that I didn't even know about. Have you heard of Sandra Boynton? If not, look her up. GREAT board books that are fun to read! We love the Going to Bed Book, Belly Button Book, Moo, Baa, La, La, La, and many others.

    ReplyDelete