Thursday, December 22, 2011

25 Week Stats

Baby Size: 13 inch boot? And 1.5 pounds

Mama Size: Up 15 pounds. For awhile there, I was gaining 2 pounds a week which gets a little mind-boggling. But maybe it's slowed down a little now. This week I definitely didn't feel like I was waking up to a new body every morning which is truly how it was feeling for awhile. I know this is probably just a slight reprieve but I'll take it!

Symptoms: Definitely feeling those braxton-hicks every day. They feel like menstrual cramps and they worry me a little but I don't think I am getting them more than 3-4 times an hour.
Funny symptom--can't work with my laptop balanced partially on my stomach like I usually do! Now it's squarely on my legs.
Also, the ever-present back pain. I can't always pop my back for some reason but when I can it feels so so good.

Other updates: I took a spin on my bike trainer this week and it felt awesome! When I walk or run, I get cramps in my uterus area and for awhile, I was so out of breath doing even the simplest things. When I bike, my core isn't as engaged so it softens the impact that running or walking would have. And somewhere along the way, I gained back (some) endurance and didn't have to stop every few minutes to rest. I'm hoping to alternate spinning with some arm weight lifting.
So I haven't had too many weird food issues but Peter thought it was strange that while I usually LOVE chips and salsa or anything spicy, I just haven't been into them while pregnant. Last night I had them for the first time in months and thought they were pretty meh. But at least I can eat them again without thinking gross! And my fruit craving seems to have subsided.

Question of the week: What did your baby sleep in as a newborn? We have a crib but the highest setting seems pretty low. Is it worth it to get a bassinet or could we get away with a moses basket?



2 comments:

  1. Glad you can exercise again! That's great.

    We used the crib a little, but also K's pack and play came with a little insert "bassinet" type feature. It was perfect for when she was a newborn. So that's all we used at first. After about a month or so, I learned how to nurse lying down and then I ended up cosleeping with K most of the time for a few months, in a separate bed that was just on a box spring (so we weren't high off the ground). Unlike many women who cosleep, I do NOT recommend it---I thought it was horribly uncomfortable and it freaked me out, but for my first go at being a mother, it was literally the only way I could survive those nights of nursing exclusively (K stopped taking a bottle when we went a short while not giving her one, big mistake) on demand. I do NOT plan on doing that very often with E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a bassinet that was pushed up against the the bed. Like, it's got a tiny opening in the side that is pushed up against the bed. It was also the kind where the bed part lifted out, so you could take the baby into any room if you felt like it. It was pretty nice. After a month or two, the kids would get too big for the bassinet, and that is when we switched to the crib in the corner of our room. I never slept with our kids in the bed because it also freaked me out, and I never actually slept as long as they were in the bed with me.

    ReplyDelete