Saturday, December 10, 2011

23 Week Stats

Baby Size: Apparently she will remain football sized for a few weeks
Mama Size: Up 12 pounds. Noticeable bump now and I think a noticeable behind but Peter assures me he likes it. He prefers to gloss over whether it has actually grown or not.
Symptoms: HALLELUJAH my butt pain is gone. It felt so wrong buying expensive shoes that were ugly but after I tried them on in Nordstrom's, I couldn't take them off. And then I went and bought another pair. They are amazing for easing pain and they are a great height--2 inches which is a little shorter than I like (I really just need to go tailor my pants) but tall enough to not tear up the hems of my pants.
As awesome as they are, if I walk too much then still, by the end of the day, I'm visibly waddling. So fun.
Other updates: Baby has now flown three times and has been on both coasts. I just pray that will be the last time I fly for at least a few more years. At least with these flights, she has been trapped within a soundproof and escape-proof padded cell.
Question of the week: My visiting teachers want to to throw me a baby shower in March. My work has hinted at one and I'm sure my family will want to do something. There's no graceful way to consolidate them, is there. This is complete white (yellow?) guilt but I feel bad accepting presents when we truly don't need anything and so many people do. And miss manners says one must NEVER suggest people make donations to a charity instead since that implies we'd be expecting gifts. First world problems are hard.

2 comments:

  1. When you wrote about Peter's comments on your back end, I chuckled because that's exactly how Ryan is with my appearance. Gloss over size/change, emphasizing his acceptance of whatever I've got to give. :) More men should learn this art!
    Way to go on the shoes. I tell you, comfort is converting!
    Baby showers . . . that's hard. Keep in mind that the point of a baby shower is that most people aren't going to get you things you do or do not need (regardless of whether or what you register for). They are going to get you what they want to get you. And from my experience, there are hosts of people just dying to shop for newborn baby girls, and you're doing them a favor by having one that they can shop for. So they get an excuse to buy some cute clothes or extra blankets that yes, you and your baby would be ok without, but they get to be a part of your fun this way. So I would say, accept graciously, exchange what you can, and enjoy (or give away/sell at consignment, and if it makes you feel better, give the profit to charity) the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Victoria's comment -- I would especially think about regifting if you really don't need X or Y. Maybe regifting is tacky, you know manners better than I, but we got a lot of nice stuff and some of the time it wasn't even that we didn't want to use it, we just didn't get around to it before she got too big. So I have just kept them on-hand to pass along to others.

    ReplyDelete