Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dilation and Effacement

I'm dilated to a 2, 80% effaced, and baby is at a -2 station. So basically she could come tonight or in five weeks. Hooray :)
My doctor did a little cervical stretch while she was examining me and while I doubt it will put me into labor, there is always the chance. It wasn't painful at all but then again, it wasn't a true membrane strip/sweep. I have no idea what we'll do if I do start contracting because Peter is on vacation until Sunday and I really really really really don't want him to come home early. He has told me that the birth is more important, and ok, it is :) but having one last sunny weekend with his friends is something he deserves and I'd be sad if he missed out.
I still don't think she'll come until after her due date but it was exciting to hear that the baby has dropped and everything is progressing as it should.

3 comments:

  1. Wow---you're much further ahead than I was at that point. I know you still might have to wait a while, but at least you know your body is making the right preparations!

    ReplyDelete