Thursday, March 1, 2012

35 Week Stats

Baby Size: 5 pounds ish?

Mama Size: Up 27 pounds and 38 inch waist. I didn't feel like I grew much this week.

Symptoms: She hiccups every night :) It's really cute. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now which makes my endurance of all the aches and pains easier. It's shocking how physically tiring it is to work in an office job all day--that has definitely been unexpected. I am lucky in that I can go home and work as long as I don't have a meeting but I am so much more productive being at work that I try to stay as long as possible. People keep asking me when my last day is and is it a sign of workaholism if I hope to work until I go into labor?

Other updates: I ran this week! Ok, not full out or even....jogging speed. I guess I shuffled. I was on a walk and was feeling so good I thought I'd see how it felt to go faster. So I started picking up the pace and I'm sure I looked RIDICULOUS. I only "ran" for maybe a quarter mile but it felt great, if a little weird. It just felt weird to go through the motions of running with all this weight around my middle. Unfortunately, that was Monday and the rest of the week had really bad weather so I haven't been out since. I can't wait until I can start to really exercise again.

We put up a bookshelf and rug in the nursery and now all that's left are the accessories--a light, a few shelves, some paintings, and the mobile. I hope to have pictures up in a few weeks.

Also I had sushi this week and it was mind blowing. Oh just thinking about it makes me crave it again. I really wanted to expose this little baby to all the flavors of the world that I enjoy and so far, she has had quite the range of cuisines--Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Mexican, Cajun, Indian, etc., but the one I found most enjoyable has been Japanese sushi. I find the grocery store kind slightly revolting or I could go and have some right.this.second. Sigh.

Next week is full of baby stuff! Doula visit, doctor visit, and breastfeeding class. This means my 36 week entry will be even longer than usual :)

Question of the Week: I know eating sushi is frowned upon in America (rolling eyes--it's incredibly safe if eaten at a clean establishment and if you avoid the predator fish. But that is good advice for any time of your life, not just during pregnancy). So what "rules" did you break during pregnancy? I have a whole list of other things but I'm afraid they will really cause an outcry. Unless what you did was worse :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this time around I didn't worry about nuking my deli meat (which I rarely eat anyway) and I went ahead and had feta a few times. I know I did a couple other things, too. Just can't remember them right now. Serious mommy brain right now due to the broken sleep and resources going to nursing. But I think you're ok with the sushi. And so does blogger CJane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sushi, hot bath, Icy Hot patch on my injured shoulder (did not know you couldn't use one til after the fact), bean sprouts (someone said I couldn't eat them raw?), and then there were all the Old Wives Tails: don't lift your arms above your head or you'll strangle the baby (I did this a lot just to freak some of Zack's family out), wearing anything around your neck or you'll choke the baby, etc., etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confessions:
    Sushi
    Soft cheeses
    Hot dogs (omg, the nitrates)
    "Warm" (okay hot) baths

    One of my other pregnant friends admits to running and allowing her heart rate to get slightly above the recommended number because running feels good to her! But she feels guilty.

    Thank goodness most babies and moms turn out just fine, despite our naughty behaviors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coke. By the gallons. And red vine licorice. Sugar, sugar sugar.

    Also, with baby one, I was a photography student spending a lot of time in the dark room during the first trimester. (And the second, but that was my color class which was a machine. I held my breath, like that did anything). There was a girl there with a full on gas mask. I wondered why. I found out later she was pregnant. Whoops. Maybe that's why Holden is the way he is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking that I didn't really break any "rules," but then I read some of these other comments and was like, oh yeah, I did that. and that. And... The only thing I really felt bad about was the steroids for my skin/itching/rash situation. I was so worried about pumping my little girl full of 'roids. But if I ever had another pregnancy, I think I would be less worries since A came out so healthy and strong despite all the dire warnings we received. I guess I just feel now that we have more limited control over how our babies develop than I feared I did at the time.

    ReplyDelete