Friday, November 25, 2011

21 Week Stats

Baby Size: Beer bottle! Guess that's better than wine bottle


Mama Size: Up 9 pounds from pre-pregnancy. Before pregnancy, I used to love the mornings because I would feel so thin from having not eaten for >12 hours straight. Now I wake up feeling bloated. It's so strange that for 9 months, your entire way of thinking about your body just flies out the window. I told Peter that it's like, imagine for 9 months you change your race. Most mornings, at least for awhile, you'd wake up to, hey oh yeah I'm Tongan! It's just strange

Symptoms: Lansinoh is now my best friend. Or should I say breast friend? Also, I swear if I can't breast feed, my humps will literally be on the chopping block. No one should ever find out that they run out of alphabet letters after you reach a certain size

Other updates: Miracle of miracles--the two maternity pants I bought FIT! I would buy two more pairs but I got spoiled by only paying ~20 dollars for each and now I can't remember what the Gap deal was at the time. They are only on sale for ~60 now. On the other hand, having felt how comfortable they are, it might be worthwhile to think of their lifelong use....

Question of the week: What unexpected body changes happened during your pregnancy? Also why oh why are my nipples changing colors? No. Me. Gusta.






4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize my ligaments would be "softening" so early in the pregnancy. The butt and lower back pain can be so uncomfortable, and my baby is only a few months along. I wasn't expecting this body change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I already had a lot of chronic pain, I didn't really pay attention to a lot of the changes...it was like that could be baby related or not. But my breasts, oh my goodness! Those girls were changed FOREVER. After 13 months of breastfeeding, I looked in the mirror one day and was like, those are the saggiest things I've ever seen. It was sad for a few minutes (on the plus side, I've reduced my risk of breast cancer, right?). And I still don't think I've figured out the bra situation (but perhaps that's because I've never gone shopping for a new bra even though Neal has encouraged me too). So yeah, I feel you on all the breast changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OLGA for mamas who are not breastfeeding anymore. BEST. BRA. EVER. One of my girls is bigger than the other, and we had issues. My, er, nipples changed color as well. I think it's the Asian in us. Mine also got GIGANTIC, and I couldn't look in the mirror without thinking "Good LORD, those look like bullseyes!"

    My main issue was the hip sciatica that still plagues me to this day. I can't even clean my own house in one day without being in considerable pain later that night. Hence, why I spread it out over the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHAHAHA!!! It's very common for nipples to change colors...seriously! I looked it up with Alli! They also changed sizes for me too...with both kids. They went back to normal, btw. Well, my aereola (sp?) changed colors and sizes. I swear it was so they could be sure to see the darn things when they're nursing. AHHAA! But, they went back to normal after Alli. Still waiting with Cori. ARGH!

    ReplyDelete