Friday, November 18, 2011

20 Week Stats

Baby Size: 10 inches from head to toe. Needless to say the pictures are scaring me

Mama Size: Up 7 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight! Although yesterday at my 20 week check-up, it showed that I had gained 7 pounds in four weeks, but it was all water weight from flying that disappeared later in the day. Other than my stomach and chest, the rest of me is still the same. I am still wearing my regular pants although some of the smaller ones remain unbuttoned. My chest is making me miserable and I predict that new bras will make up the bulk of my new clothes budget :( At what point do you give in and just start buying nursing bras?

Symptoms: Feeling lots of movement from the little girl. I watch my stomach just dance and dance as I lay in bed at night. My joint pain flares up if I walk for extended periods of time so I'm feeling pretty unhappy about my overall health right now. Peter set up my bike trainer which is awesome--that should allow me to get in enough exercise a day.

Other updates: We are about to start painting the nursery. I was thinking yellow for a long time but then I saw the prettiest picture of a nursery done in a soft grey with a white stenciled mural on all walls. It was very light and soothing. Also, I registered for a childbirth class and a breastfeeding class which are conveniently located at the hospital where I'll be delivering. It's yet another reason why I want to be in shape--there is no way I'll have the endurance for birth otherwise.

Question of the week: Well besides my nursing bra question. Where did you find maternity jeans? Jeans are already the WORST things to shop for and I'm not looking forward to having to shop for maternity ones.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the bra and jeans thing. When I went shopping for new bras, the only ones I had luck fitting in comfortably were nursing ones, so I started wearing them well before pregnancy was over. (But I still needed bigger ones for when Katie came 'cause I gained so much weight through the end of pregnancy and when my milk came in, oh, my!)
    Maternity pants, I lucked out and found a pair of maternity jeans at Old Navy (you can only buy ON maternity online unless someone happens to return them to a store, in this case) that I lived in, plus a pair of slacks from JCPenny that I liked, all the rest of my pants were given to me and I hated most of them. Maternity shopping is no fun because everything is pretty expensive and there is not a lot of sales or clearance, which is my M.O. in clothes shopping. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a comment psycho here. But oh well.

    Just buy the bra, it is definitely worth it. I recommend the Bravado, I think Nordstrom sells them, at least online but they will fit you there and order it for you, or if you're up in L town, the hospital will fit you and order one if they don't have your size.

    Jeans- I liked the miracle panel at motherhood, but they all pretty much suck when you start to get huge. If you're coming up for thanksgiving I have a few you are welcome to try and probably even have if you want. You won't hurt my feelings if you decline either.

    ReplyDelete