Thursday, January 26, 2012

30 Weeks

Dear Baby,
I feel like we've reached a milestone--75% finished! I hope you are not getting too comfortable because I am beginning to think that your comfort and mine are inversely proportional.

We set up most of the nursery this week and I satisfied some nesting urge now that I finally have a place to put the onesies and the footed pajamas and the ever-growing pile of baby blankets. I made you an origami mobile and had to glare at your father when he made jokes about one thousand paper cranes.

At our childbirth class this week, the instructor encouraged us to keep a journal for you (check), play with you (does pushing your body parts to more comfortable jabbing places count?), and talk to you. Your dad pounced on that last one with glee and told me he is now justified for yelling, "BABY COME OUT NOW AND EAT SOME ICE CREAM" at my stomach intermittently throughout the day. I am not sure if it terrifies you or calms you down at this point but you always go quiet and then start to tentatively kick me again.

We are in the middle of the Chinese New Year and like every child born this year, you will be a dragon. Which is much cooler than my sign; I was always dismayed every time I remembered mine was an ox. According to our Chinese friend, a dragon is the best sign there is and according to wikipedia, the year of the dragon is the luckiest year of them all. The dragon is considered to be powerful, strong, and full of good luck. I hope all those things for you

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the oragami mobile. Pics?!? :) My dad worked with these guys from Japan and they visited for dinner one night...they left around 9:30. They got to work at 7:30 the next day...their last day before going back to Japan. They gave my dad a basket for me and it was TONS of little orgami cranes wrapped in cellophane and ribbons, etc. It was so nice and apparently they made them that night. :) Anywho...I want to see pics!!!

    Please record him yelling at your stomach!!! HAHAHAHAAA! I'd love to see this!!!

    Yeah. Ox. BOO!

    ReplyDelete