Thursday, January 19, 2012

29 Weeks

Dear Baby,
I am pretty sure that if I read this post in three months, I'll want to cry but here it is: A (weekend) day in the life of a DINK couple. This was last Sunday for us.

  • I woke up at 10 am and read on my ipad until I got hungry
  • Made myself some toast with laughing cow cheese
  • Peter woke up around 11 and browsed the web on my laptop while I read a book on my ipad
  • Around 1, got a text from our cousins asking us to go out to lunch
  • Ate a burger at Red Rock with them and their two girls
  • Around 3, we go home and do some house chores
  • Then I cleaned out about half the boxes in the nursery closet
  • And threw some leftover chicken bones in the crockpot to make stock
  • Then I watched your dad clean the floors
  • Around 6? we ate dinner which I can't seem to recall. I think I wasn't feeling too good so I had some soup.
  • Then I climbed into bed and watched netflix until I fell asleep (around midnight) while your dad came to bed shortly after

It sounds so boring but it was the kind of day we love the most--spending hours of quiet time with each other with nothing to stress over. It is hard to fit days like this in when we are usually so busy with house projects or social things or work. And while I am not sad to be trading this for a life filled with children, it will be nice (and probably funny) to look back on and remember.

Love

Mama

1 comment:

  1. Once you have children, you will appreciate this post because I can't remember what life was like before them. Seriously, I can't.

    ReplyDelete